- Last Updated on Thursday, 02 March 2017 11:34
The DPSG (Diabetic Pregnancy Study Group, EASD) announces the 12th Joseph Hoet Research Award (JHRA) to be presented on the occasion of the Annual Meeting of the Study Group in Nyborg, Denmark, 7-10 September 2017.
The award will consist of a diploma-certificate and 1.000 € for the awardee. In addition, the awardee will be allowed travel expenses of up to 500 € and paid registration. The call for nominations is open on a competitive basis, for excellence of research in the field of Diabetes and Pregnancy, under the following conditions:
- The candidate must be younger than 50 years on 1st January of the year of the award.
- There is no restriction concerning the nationality of candidates.
- The JHRA will be given in relation to research of excellence in the field of Diabetes and Pregnancy (Basic or Clinical) manifested by publications with important contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the field.
- All application documents are to be sent to the Chairperson of the DPSG on or before April 1st, 2017, as attachments to an email. This shall include:
- The candidate's Curriculum Vitae with complete bibliography.
- The most relevant publications (not more than 6; as pdf files).
- A statement by the candidate, explaining the manner in which the research and the publications have contributed to the advancement of knowledge in the area of Diabetes and Pregnancy. This statement should not exceed 1.000 words. Additional letters of support of relevant authorities in the field of Diabetes and Pregnancy may be also enclosed (pdf files).
Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the DPSG and emailed to the DPSG Secretary, Sheila Fleming.
Diabetic Pregnancy Study Group
The Joseph Hoet Research Award has been granted to
2003 Andrew Hattersley
2004 Andreas Plagemann
2005 Alexandra Kautzky-Willer
2006 - None (Audit Meeting, Abano, Italy)
2007 Dorte Moller-Jensen
2008 Jacob Friedman
2009 David Simmons
2010 Alicia Jawerbaum
2011 Helen Murphy
2012 Lene Ringholm
2013 Ursula Hiden
2014 Maria del Pilar Ramos Álvarez
2015 Was not awarded
2016 None (Audit Meeting)